A journey in trying to live life healthily (not always succeding) while serving our Almighty God, being a helpmate to my husband, homeschooling three children, cooking from scratch (most of the time), and being transparent with my friends whom I dearly love.
Yesterday's breakfast
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
240 calorie breakfast
1 cup corn flakes 1 banana 1/2 cup milk black coffee
–-- I'm going to be on the road today; let's see how I do!
A couple of years ago I came to a mountain on my path. I asked God to move the mountain; He had me camp beside it. Earlier this year He led me around the mountain and I came upon a river. By this time after getting used to the mountain, I wanted to walk through these waters to pass through, continuing on my path. But God did not part the waters to allow me through. He said wait. I waited beside those waters until this recently. I got up expecting God to turn me to a different direction without looking back. I knew months ago I would not be crossing those waters. In February I received confirmation of that through a good friend, our pastor’s sermon, and words of friends from church. On the way home from church one day I prayed about what I was supposed to do - how and when I was to turn from these waters and take a different path. After years on the same path, I knew it was going to be bittersweet and strange - not just for me, but for my family - to...
Wednesday the doctor told me I needed to have my gallbladder removed. Thursday morning I had an appointment to consult with the surgeon. Friday I had my gallbladder removed. Wow! This happened so fast - from diagnosis to surgery. Today (Saturday) I am sore and tired (with those pain meds one moment I'll be talking to you and the next I'm asleep), but overall I feel really good. I would normally say that I wish someone had figured out it was my gallbladder six years ago when I first started having symptoms. But I cannot say that. God has truly blessed me with this experience in many ways. Now some people may say that six years ago when I had my first symptoms it probably was due to my endometriosis for which I had a hysterectomy four years ago. I am not quite ready to jump on that bandwagon. The symptoms I had prior to my hysterectomy were exactly the same as my symptoms after my hysterectomy. At first when my symptoms r...
Like most people I know, I grieve over the state of our nation, over the divide between our people, and over the lives recently taken; and I am outraged by the actions of my fellow citizens. I am mad that we as a country are not yet respecting each other as equals. I am angered by people blocking highways and interstates, keeping ambulances from quickly rendering aid, from employees getting to work, and from moms and dads returning home to their families. I am furious that people are using recent events as an excuse to attack others. Yet at the same time I am heartbroken for all the people affected by these issues. I am sad so many do not respect life - their own or the lives of others. I am mournful over those who souls have not found true peace. All lives matter. No one is better than anyone else. We all are created equal, we all are endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable rights. We are all equal in God's eyes. We are all broken; we have all done wrong. In our co...
Comments
Post a Comment