Calorie Counting on a Saturday in VA

It's been a good day visiting relatives.  My vacation eating is off to a pretty good start..


This morning Carnation made breakfast for 220 calories.  My new favorite breakfast for when I don't feel like eating in the morning.


I had a mid-morning snack of caramel rice cakes for 100 calories (these are sooo good!)...


Lunch was a delicious ham and cheese sandwich with half a peach.  The peaches were late season, so the texture was not as I would have desired, so I could only eat half of it.  Notice I use a one slice a bread cut in have for my sandwiches, but use a full 2 ounces of ham.  I also had mustard and 1 teaspoon of mayo on it and today I opted for half a slice of swiss cheese.


My 100 calorie afternoon snack.

Since I am on vacation, I decided to treat myself to a nonfat white mocha.  I absolutely love white mochas, but with even nonfat weighing in at 280 calories, I will not be seeing the inside of a coffee shop very often!


A lovely and filling taco salad weighs in at 280 calories.  Choose 95% or 97% lean ground beef and this would be under 250 calories.  Skip the tortillas!  Put 1/4 cup refried beans and 3 oz taco meat (this was cooked with onions) on a bed of lettuce then top with tomatoes and 2 tablespoons taco sauce.

Total for today: 1,190 calories!


Our wonderful hosts (and family)

After speaking with my brother-in-law (a physician), I decided to allow myself up to 1,500 calories per day when on vacation or for special occasions until I get to my goal weight.  I may change my target to 1,200 for typical days (an increase of 150 calories).  I may choose to blog about the reasons why at a later date, but now while I am visiting with relatives.  It is time to go watch a movie!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose for Yourselves Today

What Kind of Friend Will You Choose to Be?

Choosing the Right Mirror