What am I eating now?

low-fat loaded potato soup
with grilled chicken salad
I have heard different view on what people eat after gallbladder surgery.  According to my surgeon, I should avoid milk and fried foods for a couple of weeks, but other than to resume a normal diet.  However, I've heard of people who had to go on a liquid diet for a few days, others who needed a bland diet, and still others who were almost immediately able to eat spicy foods.  I also heard from people who have had no problems since surgery, and others who years later still cannot eat certain foods and have some GI problems.  What does this mean to me?  All this tells me is that everyone is different.

For me, as long as I take an antacid in the morning and evening, I can eat most foods.  However, I am choosing to take this time to really adjust my diet (again), and hopefully this time for the long term.  I will say, though, that tea is the only drink I can keep down in the mornings now, and through the remainder of the day I drink tea, water, and coffee (but only after noon).  I hope to drink coffee in the morning again some day!

I have discovered that I enjoy chicken and other foods grilled after being seasoned simply with salt and pepper.  I really like the 'natural' flavor of the food itself.  Give it a try sometime!!  

Tonight we had a yummo dinner of low-fat loaded potato soup and grilled chicken salad with a fat-free raspberry vinaigrette... all for around 270 calories.  Of course, I did have to have a serving of homemade ice cream - just to see if how I'd do. ;-)

And just for an update on how I am doing... I am now running one errand each day, with all three children.  All in all, I am doing well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose for Yourselves Today

What Kind of Friend Will You Choose to Be?

Choosing the Right Mirror