Will We Roll with the Punches or Be Down for the Count?


If I were given a pop quiz on car maintenance, I think I would get most of the answers right.  Especially on true or false questions like the following.

True/False:  It is important to check the oil before driving.  

Yes, I think i would pass the quiz.  However, my problem comes in the practical application.  Did you know if you run out of oil that your car will overheat and after getting your car to the parking lot behind McDonald's you will be stranded with three children with nothing to do but to walk to McD's let them play in playhouse?

Yes… It's true.  And of course you will have to call a friend to get the food out of your car because it is your turn to provide the main dish for a ministry in which you are involved.  Well, what could I do?  I could gripe and complain and be all down about it.  Or I could take the time in McD's to rest and read a good book that just happened to be in my purse (I had to take a child to a doctor's appointment earlier in the day).

I also took time to think about by having to wait, I was protected from the 'over-doing' I was about to do (I am still only two weeks out from surgery), I was at a good place for a friend in need to meet me (she needed to bring me her computer for my husband to work on), I was able to make a 'chance' meeting for two friends who probably haven't seen each other since Sunday (the one picked up the food and met the other who is in the same ministry with me), my husband now had a reason to get off work early, and I made my children very happy to be able to play at McD's for a while.

Every day we have a choice.  We can let inconveniences get us down, or we can roll with the punches.  Today, I chose to roll with the punches and look for the silver lining!

Comments

  1. like it...I have a chance to roll tomorrow - have to have the state inspection done. They tell me it's a two hour wait. I figure that means I can read a book in the waiting room. I've been wanting to read all week. Wow. I might get to! Good word, Sara.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Choose for Yourselves Today

What Kind of Friend Will You Choose to Be?

Choosing the Right Mirror