Wow! Vacations are good for my Waistline!

So, Florida vacations obviously agree with me!  One week later I have happy children, and I am 6 pounds lighter!  Of course, the hubby says the weight loss is due to walking 5 miles a day at various theme parks, but I happen to think eating well contributed to the loss as well.  So, as promised, here are pictures of a sampling of what I ate on vacation:

Breafkast: Rice cake with
1 TBS peanut butter and 1 banana for 240
My other option for Breakfast:
Carnation Essentials
with 2 cups of milk for 250 Calories


























































A Typical Lunch: Half a ham sandwich, half a serving of
Natural Cheetos, Half a Kiwi, and unsweet Tea for 240 Calories.
Twice we ate lunch in the theme parks
(I have no idea how many calories!)














      I somehow lost some of the pictures I thought I took with my phone.  So, here is an old picture with the same things we had one night:

Difference for the dinner on vacation, though, is that I had
half a flour tortilla to round the meal out to around 300 calories.





Other dinner options were crock pot chicken with sweet potato fries and baked beans for 279 calories and roast with potatoes, carrots, and salad for 302 calories.  We also grilled out one night for my daughter's birthday party, so I had one hamburger, half a hot dog, natural cheetos, and a slice of her giant cookie.  And, of course, we did all eat out one night.
Celebration Town Tavern
I ordered the baked seafood medley (scrod, scallops, and shrimp),
with baked potato and salad with raspberry vinaigrette.  I splurged
on an appetizer of a mug of clam chowder. YUM!
I also had one onion ring from my sis-in-law's appetizer. 

Most of my snacks consisted of apples, 100 calorie packs, and Skinny Cow snacks.  However, don't get me wrong... I did splurge on things like sharing cotton candy with the family and having a bite of a few different candies we purchased at Epcot.  But, the rest of the time I tried to eat well, and I did not go overboard on my splurges.  All in all, a success.  All the walking balanced out the splurges, and I lost the most weight in one week since I've started watching my calories.

Happy eating, and don't forget to enjoy your life while getting healthy!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose for Yourselves Today

What Kind of Friend Will You Choose to Be?

Choosing the Right Mirror