Still counting calories (two recipes included) ...

Well, I haven't taken pictures of everything since I've gotten home, but here's the update for the past two days.  Yesterday I had one blueberry muffin for breakfast.  I didn't check the calories, but I'd bet it was kind of high. 

Sunday Lunch I had a cup of soup, two mini corn muffins, and ice water for 170 calories:
Leftover Chicken Soup:
6 ounces of cut up leftover roasted chicken
1 bag frozen sweet peas
1 can summer crisp corn
1/2 onion
1 can diced tomatoes
broth or water to thin to preferred soup consistency
Makes 70 calories per cup.


For Dinner we had burrito.  My husband had purchased some low carb whole wheat tortillas at 80 calories each, so I decided to try them.  They were not worth the extra calories... even if they were zero calories, they would not have been worth the extra calories (if you get my meaning; if not, I'll spell it out for you: Y-U-C-K).

310 Calorie burrito

I had a lovely snack of a fudge bar while watching the Falcons game.  I think the stress of that game had to have burned a few calories!

Monday morning I had too many calories.  'Nuff said.  For lunch, I had half a ham sandwich and a full serving of Natural Cheetos (oops... I should have only had half!) for a total of 310 calories, and for dinner we had a lovely fish meal for 244 calories.  I found the recipe online and tweaked it a little.

Baked Parm Perch
Mix together 2 TBS bread crumbs, 1 TBS freshly grated Parmesan,
1 tsp dried basil and a pinch of salt.
Rinse and pat dry 1 pound of perch, cut into 4 oz servings.
Place fish is lightly greased pan and drizzle with 1 TBS melted butter.
Evenly sprinkle bread crumb mixture over fish.
Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.
Drizzle with fresh lemon juice.
Serves 4
154 calories per serving
Served here with 1/4 cup cooked rice and 2/3 cup broccoli


 Oh, and check this out!  I found a Star Fruit at the grocery store and decided to try it.  The family all had some, and the children love it.  It has sort of the consistency of an apple with a citrus flavor (kind of like a plumb and orange mixed).  I looked online and found out it is only 30 calories for the entire fruit.  It would be a great compliment to a fruit salad or even a tossed salad along with strawberries and a balsamic vinaigrette.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose for Yourselves Today

What Kind of Friend Will You Choose to Be?

Choosing the Right Mirror