New Taco Soup Recipe!

Okay, so I have never really been one to stick to a recipe.  I like to look at several different recipes for something and then make up my own, pulling from those recipes.  Well, with today feeling like a soup day, I decided to try to make Taco Soup for the first time.







I apologize if this looks similar to your recipe, but I looked at about five different recipes to pick and choose what I wanted (for instance, I do not eat black beans), plus I actually counted at the calories of all my ingredients! =)  I think next week I'll try a white taco soup with chicken and white beans.


Taco Soup
about 165 calories per cup

1 can light kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
2 cans 28 oz diced tomatoes
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
2 cans Mexican corn
1 package taco seasoning
1 package chili seasoning
1/2 onion, diced
1 pound 4 oz browned 93-95% lean ground beef
(weight is after browned and drained; start with about 1.75 pounds raw; I also like to rinse my ground beef after browning)

Put all ingredients in crock pot and simmer all day on low, or a few hours on high.
(For shorter cooking time, put in large pot, bring to boil, then simmer for 45 minutes to 2 hours. )

For those not counting calories (or who have enough calories to spare), top with corn chips, Mexican blend of cheese, and sour cream.

This came out to 294 calories.  It is one cup of taco soup,
1/8 cup Mexican four cheese blend, and one-half ounce
of corn chips... and it was very filling. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose for Yourselves Today

What Kind of Friend Will You Choose to Be?

Choosing the Right Mirror