He will supply all my needs



This week has been a very long week for me. My husband went out of town last Friday, so I got the play the part of single parent for a week. Of course this would be the week when it rained every day so my children could not play outside to release their energy - and we all know how energetic kids can be! On top of that, we had a lot of mishaps this week. I had a flat tire in town, we had a toilet overflow, a dog eat poison, a child got her hand shut in a car door, and dogs getting into the trash. We also had an appointment with the child development/behaviorist and a pediatric dentist appointment to have two teeth extracted. And my massage therapist had to cancel my appointment. To say I am exhausted would be an understatement. However, this week has also been a blessing! I never would have believed that I could handle all these issues in a week - or that I would be able to survive this weather and stress with minimal health consequences (weather affects my arthritis, migraines, and fibromyalgia, but this week those effects have been minimal - Praise the Lord!).

I was a little apprehensive about this week with the appointments we had schedule and knowing the storms were moving in. I knew I would survive (or at least hoped I would), but I did not expect God to give me what I needed to get through everything this week - I thought I would be spending the latter part of the week in bed and in pain. But God did not forget me! He showed up when I needed Him and brought me through this week better than I ever could have imagined. With His grace I was able to take care of all the issues that came our way, manage to stay functional, and even stayed up late nightly taking care of MOPS and school stuff (I am an early to bed, late to rise kind of person). I am amazed at how God brought it this week! He truly will supply for all our needs - and bless us beyond measure.

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!  Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus…  And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen.      - Philippians 4:4-7, 19-20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose for Yourselves Today

What Kind of Friend Will You Choose to Be?

Choosing the Right Mirror