It is time to Flourish!

I love the spring time!  This is when everything is coming back to life - a rebirth of plants and trees, a returning of birds and animals, and warmth.  Oh, how I love the warmth!!  Last week I looking at a field of gorgeous wild flowers all colorful and reaching for the sun. I thought, "that is how I want to flourish. I want to be vibrant and in my element. I want people to see the Creator when they see me reaching towards the Son."   At that moment it hit me - that is what the new MOPS theme is about - A Fierce Flourshing!  Bursting forth with a new vibrancy, noticing the good around us, finding rest so we can continue to grow and flourish, and celebrating what we have and whose we are. 

Google defines flourish as "...to grow or develop in a healthy or vigorous way…" I love the word vigorous - it is not a slow growth but a bursting forth that requires strength and energy.  We see this in nature every spring. But now is also a time for spring in our spirits - time to be fed from our roots - from the Spirit within - and burst out in vibrancy that makes the world take notice of the Creator. 


The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; To shew that the Lord is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him. Psalm 92:12-15
8
*Photo from Pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose for Yourselves Today

What Kind of Friend Will You Choose to Be?

Choosing the Right Mirror