My Summer of Rest

This year I got to take the summer off.  Now, my friends who know what all I did this summer would say that is a crazy, unfactual statement. I took my children strawberry picking and we made a dozen jars of strawberry jam. I went with my youngest to CentriKid (a children’s camp) in Alabama. I went with my older two on a Student Life Missions camp in North Carolina.  I spent a week in South Carolina visiting family (and a good friend). While in South Carolina I purchased a lot of peaches, which means I made lots of jam and some canned peaches. I took children to various birthday parties. I spent time with my children and my chickens - and a little time running from a bossy rooster. I started our homeschool back up and I went to an out of town funeral.  Physically, my summer was very busy, mostly good, and exhausting. But before you say it, no, I am not lying about taking the summer off.

Compared to my summer, I did not physically do very much this past spring, but I had a very busy spring spiritually.  Many of you know of the spiritual battles that were being fought earlier this year, and the call to be a bearer of Truth. When summer started, though, God gave me a time to rest from those battles, from decisions, from blogging. While the battle still raged, I was given a leave of absence. I had a summer in which spiritually I was blessed with the opportunity to rest in Him, and to be involved whole-heartedly with my family.  My mind and spirit were able to be still and just know that He is God.

I told one of my friends that I was given the summer off, but once school time came around I thought perhaps God was extending my leave.  However, the battle is heating back up, and the sword (and keyboard) been placed back in my hands just days before the official calendar end of summer. 


While a lot of the battle around me is heating up because the ministry in which I was involved has groups starting back
after the summer and really just now getting into the teachings, I don’t feel that is the only place I am called to fight - or to write.  As I did in the spring, I will wait until God gives me the words to speak (unless I am just sharing the antics of my family), because in and of myself I am not a writer. I will blog as He gives me words, and not just based on one ministry. As my previous blog posts state, there are many organizations and ministries teaching falsehoods.  There are many injustices in this world.  However, there are also many good things, fun things to explore. There is still love.  There is still hope. There is still Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose for Yourselves Today

Why I am leaving Facebook

Spending Time with Sinners