My Favorite Gluten-Free Flour Mixes

I have two gluten-free flour mixes that I have found work best in most of my baking.  I have an 'Artisan' mix that works well as an all-purpose flour, and I have a baking mix for cookies, biscuits, and such.  When using these blends, my family has found the gluten-free baked goods to be as good as or better than their wheat-based cousins.  

Since we are still relatively new to eating gluten-free, it was important to me to find things that we really like.  We have never given up bread products - this was not an option for my bread-loving husband, so we have never entered into the "anything that looks like bread... is better than nothing" phase.



Sara's GF Biscuit/Baking Mix:
6 cups garbanzo bean flour 
4 1/2 cups white rice flour
4 1/2 cups brown rice flour
6 TBS baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
3 TBS + 2 tsp xanthan gum or guar gum
1 TBS cream of tartar
1 tsp salt
Sara's GF Artisan Mix:
6 cups Brown Rice Flour
4 cups Potato Starch
3 cup Almond Flour
1 1/2 cups Tapioca Starch
1 cup Sorghum Flour
1 cup Corn Starch
3/4 cup Sweet Rice Flour
4 1/2 TBS Xanthan Gum



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose for Yourselves Today

What Kind of Friend Will You Choose to Be?

Choosing the Right Mirror