The Right Person at the Right Time

Do you ever feel like you are just the wrong person - doing the wrong thing - at the wrong time?  I have recently found myself in this state of mind.  And when I go there, I bring others with me.  Not that they know it, but they are there in MY heart.  When I go to the place where I am down on myself, I also get down on those who are closest to me - my husband, my children, and sometimes even my friends and other family.  When I don't feel good enough, I don't see the loves of my life as good enough, either.


Why do we go down these roads?  I believe we allow Satan to plant seeds of self-doubt.  At times I feel that I should not be a MOPS Field Leader (and before that a MOPS group leader) because I don't always have it all together.  I don't have all the answers, I sometimes yell at my children, I don't always get along with my husband, I get frustrated, and I sometimes let the housework go - for far too long.  Sometimes I feel like I should not be teaching my children because I do not have a teaching degree, I don't always have enough patience, I don't have all the answers to their questions, or because - honestly - I am selfish and want to do my own things.


But do you know what?  When God has called me to a place in my life, who am I to say I am not good enough?  I do not know better than God, do I?  No, I do not.  For He knew me before I was born; He knit me together in my mother's womb.  He knows the plans He has for me.


Being perfect does not make me unworthy - it makes me human.  Who wants to follow someone who never struggles with the same everyday issues as every other mom?  I know I do not want someone who's perfect mentoring me... I want another person who has gone through similar challenges to show me how God brought her through.  I want to see that there is a bright end - a future and a hope.


And if God wants me to homeschool my children, He will lead and guide me through this journey, give me the wisdom and discernment and, yes, even the patience I need... if I will only ask of Him.  If He wants me to lead other women, He will give me the words of encouragement, edification, and support they need.  He will give the life experiences that will allow me to speak into their lives.


And what is up with thinking I am not a good enough wife or mom?  God gave me these loves of my life.  He gave me my husband because He knew I was the right wife for him.  He gave me my children because He knew I was the right mother for them.  As long as I keep my priorities in line (God-husband-children-church-ministry-everything else) and I stay in line with what God asks of me, everything else falls into place and I can be all that He created me to be.  Now, I know, believe me I KNOW, this is easier said than done.  But it is the truth... I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  But I also do what I do not want to do and don't do what I want to do.  But it is my goal to keep an eye on the prize and keep on keeping on, and do my best to stay on the straight and narrow path before me.


Oh, and the thing about not thinking our husbands or our children are not good enough, a wrong match, etc., etc.... when we take off our game face and put on the armor of God and stand in the gap for our families, we'll love our families even more - and allow God to love them through us - and realize that often it is our hearts God is working on.  That we've been seeing things through 'world-colored' glasses rather than 'God-centered' glasses.  And if there is something going wrong in our families, we can lead our loved ones' hearts back to God without saying a word, but by living out loud a life worthy of our calling - a life that worships and honors God and brings Him glory; and through prayer and supplication.


Think of all the things we could accomplish when we set aside the ways of this world, take off the blinders Satan has handed us, and see things as God is showing them to us.  Will you join me in committing to searching out to try to see ourselves as God sees us, not as Satan wants us to see ourselves?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose for Yourselves Today

What Kind of Friend Will You Choose to Be?

Choosing the Right Mirror