A journey in trying to live life healthily (not always succeding) while serving our Almighty God, being a helpmate to my husband, homeschooling three children, cooking from scratch (most of the time), and being transparent with my friends whom I dearly love.
Doesn't this look like a yummy dinner?!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Grilled chicken over whole wheat coucous with a lemon-basil cream sauce, grilled parmesan zucchini, and salad with homemade Catalina dressing... So simple, and so good!!
A couple of years ago I came to a mountain on my path. I asked God to move the mountain; He had me camp beside it. Earlier this year He led me around the mountain and I came upon a river. By this time after getting used to the mountain, I wanted to walk through these waters to pass through, continuing on my path. But God did not part the waters to allow me through. He said wait. I waited beside those waters until this recently. I got up expecting God to turn me to a different direction without looking back. I knew months ago I would not be crossing those waters. In February I received confirmation of that through a good friend, our pastor’s sermon, and words of friends from church. On the way home from church one day I prayed about what I was supposed to do - how and when I was to turn from these waters and take a different path. After years on the same path, I knew it was going to be bittersweet and strange - not just for me, but for my family - to...
Wednesday the doctor told me I needed to have my gallbladder removed. Thursday morning I had an appointment to consult with the surgeon. Friday I had my gallbladder removed. Wow! This happened so fast - from diagnosis to surgery. Today (Saturday) I am sore and tired (with those pain meds one moment I'll be talking to you and the next I'm asleep), but overall I feel really good. I would normally say that I wish someone had figured out it was my gallbladder six years ago when I first started having symptoms. But I cannot say that. God has truly blessed me with this experience in many ways. Now some people may say that six years ago when I had my first symptoms it probably was due to my endometriosis for which I had a hysterectomy four years ago. I am not quite ready to jump on that bandwagon. The symptoms I had prior to my hysterectomy were exactly the same as my symptoms after my hysterectomy. At first when my symptoms r...
" Why are you leaving Facebook?" Quite a few people have asked me this question lately. I thought I would publicly let all my online friends know the 'whys' of my decision. There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding on why so many people are choosing to leave Facebook at this time. First, I want to clarify: I have been planning this for a while. I have taken breaks from Facebook throughout the years. I always come back because of my friends and family – I love the pictures and memes, and historically there has been a lot of uplifting posts from which I have benefited. However, a few months ago I knew I need to start planning my exit strategy. I downloaded my Facebook information and then started debated when to leave and if I wanted to leave all my friends in Facebook land. For me, it is more than just the current climate of Facebook, but that is where I want to start. I see friends asking why people are leaving, attacking people for leaving, and ridiculing people ...
Comments
Post a Comment